“Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way.
Oh, what fun it is to ride,
In a one-horse open sleigh”
Awwww, how much we love this time of year: family meetings, dinners with friends, shopping, gifts, fireworks… and music! That one cannot be missed.
Because what would Christmas be without carols and Christmas music?
Of course, it would be like leaving a child without the gifts, parents without their turkey, and grandparents without their chocolates. In other words:
Christmas, without music, would not be a real Christmas.
But don’t forget that Christmas is lived both outside and inside the work environment.
Therefore, you should not only bring that magic touch of Christmas music into your own home but also into your professional projects.
Imagine for a moment how good you or your company would look by creating a video with Christmas background music, or adding a Christmas jingle to a podcast, a commercial, or any project you have in hand.
Wouldn’t you be able to awaken that Christmas spirit in your clients that they love so much?
Of course, you would, right?
In that case, I invite you to make the following thought:
If you or your brand are associated with the well-being that Christmas brings, it is very possible that your work will become viral.
Do you know what that means?
Basically, that you will be able to achieve a ‘snowball’ effect that will increase your visualizations, your followers, your clients… and your sales!
If you also want to achieve these results and make your users fall in love with you, here you will find the best places to download the perfect Christmas music for your projects.
|Service||This is for:||Type||Prices||Visit|
|EPIDEMIC SOUND||Freelancers, agencies and companies||Subscription||From $15 / month|
|ENVATO ELEMENTS||Freelancers and agencies ||Subscription||From $15 / month|
|ARTLIST||Freelancers and agencies ||Subscription||$199 / year ($16,60 / month)|
|SOUNDTRACK YOUR BRAND||Businesses and physical stores.||Subscription||From $34,99 / month per establishment|
|CLOUD COVER MUSIC||Businesses and physical stores.||Subscription||From $16.16 /month per establishment (just in USA and Canada)|
Yes, you may be asking yourself the following:
“But why not use free Christmas music instead?”
And the truth is, you can.
However, you can get into serious trouble if you don’t take into account such an important factor as copyright.
Copyright in Christmas Music
The copyright is the exclusive right of use that the authors of the music tracks have, which are protected by law.
And when we say “exclusive” we mean that they can only be used by the artists, or alternatively, the music companies that have the rights to those music tracks.
Let’s put an example for an easier understanding.
Imagine that you want to obtain a license for the use of Mariah Carey’s cover “All I Want for Christmas Is You”.
In that case, you must ask permission from the artist, her discography or the author’s societies to do it.
And they will probably do it.
In exchange, of course, for a large amount of money.
If you want to know more about how the different types of music licenses work
, click on the link and take a look at our beginner’s guide.
In short: if you want to use famous Christmas music, you will most likely have to pay a lot of money to use it legally.
And if you use it without obtaining the proper license, you will be breaking the law, and may receive heavy financial penalties, or even criminal liability.
You don’t want to spoil your Christmas unnecessarily, do you?
In that case, let us explain a bit more about the types of Christmas music in relation to copyright.
Types of Christmas Music Regarding Copyright
To make it easy for you to understand, we have classified Christmas music into three groups:
- Copyright Christmas Music
- Free and Non-Copyrighted Christmas Music
- Licensed Music for Christmas
Copyrighted Christmas Music
As we showed you in the previous example, these are Christmas songs that are copyrighted.
To be able to use these songs legally and 100% securely you need to pay large amounts of money to the copyright managers.
Unless you really want to use a copyrighted song and you have a big budget for your project, this is not the most recommended option.
Free and Non-Copyrighted Christmas Music
This is a fantastic option to get Christmas music at no cost. In fact, it is an option to consider for personal projects or videos to be viewed with the family.
However, it is very important that you know one thing:
You won’t be able to use this type of music in commercial projects or videos that you are going to monetize.
This is something you should not overlook.
In addition, this type of music usually has a worse quality than the next group’s music.
Licensed Music for Christmas
Without a doubt, this is the Christmas music you should use in your professional projects.
It is not free, but it is tremendously economical for everything it offers.
In addition, you can use it in projects with commercial purposes and focused on monetization, for example:
- Company Christmas videos
- TV or radio commercials
- Documentaries or films
- Social media monetizable videos (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram)
- Video games
And in terms of quality and creativity, you will notice the difference. Guaranteed!
However, there are many platforms on the Internet that offer licensed Christmas music.
At Legis Music we know very well what it takes to find the best ones: many hours to read reviews, see comparisons, and even spend time and money to test the platforms from the inside.
But don’t worry, because you won’t have to.
We have already done the hard work for you, and now we will show you what we consider the best Christmas music websites.
The best platforms to find royalty-free Christmas music
At the end of the article, you will find the best two platforms with music for physical businesses such as stores, supermarkets, or restaurants.
But now we are going to focus on the platforms that offer Christmas music for freelancers, agencies, and content producers.
Let’s discover them!
Epidemic Sound is one of the major references in the royalty-free music market.
It has a long experience -since 2009- and a huge library with more than 32,000 music tracks and 64,000 sound effects.
All of them can be filtered according to mood, vocal songs, speed, or duration among others.
But the most interesting filter will be the music genre, one of them being ‘Christmas’.
In fact, here you can find and pre-listen to their endless list of Christmas music tracks filtered according to that musical style.
In addition, Epidemic Sound has a tool that you will love: ‘Find Similar’.
This is an option that is displayed in each of their songs, through which you can find music tracks similar to the one you liked.
In this way, you will be able to maintain the same musical style in your productions.
How much do Epidemic Sound songs cost?
The platform does not allow you to buy the licenses of the music tracks individually, but through a monthly subscription, you will have access to all the tracks in your library.
It has three different subscription plans:
|Subscription plans||PERSONAL ||COMMERCIAL||ENTERPRISE|
|This is for:||Content creators who create pieces for their own use.||Freelancers and companies creating productions for commercial purposes.||Entities looking for a customized business solution.|
|Price||$15 / month, or|
$144 / year
|$49 / month, or|
$299 / year
|Quote request needed|
|32 000 songs|
|64 000 sound effects|
|Coverage for your videos|
|Coverage for client’s videos|
|TV shows and TV ads|
|Multiple user accounts|
|Music curation support|
|Customized music productions|
|Customer success manager|
Now that you know the different types of plans that Epidemic Sound has for you, you have surely found one that fits your needs perfectly.
In that case, we have good news.
Epidemic Sound is giving away 30 days for free to their new clients, whatever plan they choose.
This way, you can check from the inside if it really is the solution you need to find your Christmas music.
Do you want to try Epidemic Sound at zero cost for a whole month?
If so, click on the button and get it now.
If we’re talking about the leaders of the royalty-free music industry, we can’t avoid talking about Envato Elements.
This platform is a real colossus offering creative solutions to professionals and agencies.
In its catalog, you will find everything from stock videos, video templates, or photos to sound effects or music.
And regarding this last factor, it has one of the largest music libraries on the whole Internet, exceeding 90,000 songs and sound effects.
Can you imagine how many Christmas songs you will have at your disposal in such a collection?
Well, we can tell you: hundreds of Christmas music tracks!
You know what’s best? You can check it out here
, and at the same time, listen to as many as you want for free.
However, if you want to download them and use them in your professional projects, you will need to subscribe to their platform.
But don’t worry, because that subscription won’t cost you hundreds of dollars.
For only $15 per month, you’ll have all those Christmas songs in your hands and you will be able to use them legally in your productions.
As you can see, Envato Elements is one of those platforms that offers a lot for very little.
If you want to have it on your side, take action and subscribe.
If the two previous platforms were the two great veterans of the industry, Artlist would be the young promise made into reality.
Despite its short history -it was created in 2016-, it has already had enough time to show that it is no longer a promising project and has become a true leader in the sector.
It has done so with a new and revolutionary style, something that can be clearly seen in the design of its website.
Simple, minimalist, intuitive and accessible to anyone.
But where it really differs is in its way of licensing music.
Artlist offers all its clients a Universal License with which they will be covered for any use of their music.
No matter what kind of project, platform, or case of use, you will be able to use their songs legally and without future problems regarding copyright.
Incredible, isn’t it?
But it also has a large music library in which you will find a large number of Christmas songs.
In fact, you can see them all here.
How much does the Artlist Universal License cost?
This is the million-dollar question.
Because, like you, everyone tends to think that this license will cost hundreds of dollars.
And the truth is that it could cost hundreds and even thousands of dollars, because what it brings in is actually worth much more.
But here Artlist will also surprise you.
Because their Universal License costs just $16.60 per month.
Yes, only $16.60 per month, paid in a single annual payment of $199, which will give you the following benefits:
- Unlimited downloads for the duration of the subscription
- Lifetime use of downloaded songs
- Library renovated every month with new music tracks
- Monetization of your videos through YouTube and other social media platforms
- Use in any project, whether commercial or not
If you want to make a safe bet to find those Christmas songs you were looking for, Artlist is possibly the best solution.
And if, after taking a look at the platform, you are convinced, you can benefit from two months free by clicking on the following button:
Don’t let this occasion pass you by, don’t let them leave you without the promotion!
Well, it’s time to congratulate you.
Now you know the 3 best platforms to get quality Christmas music for your productions.
However, you may be one of those people who do not limit themselves when it comes to finding the best option for themselves.
If this is your case, you are one of us.
In fact, we have considered the three previous ones as the best ones based on our own experience and our own clients’.
But if you think you need to know more alternatives, keep reading, because we have compiled a list of up to 10 platforms with Christmas music for you.
Licensed Royalty-Free Christmas Music: The Best Alternatives
With permission from Epidemic Sound, Envato Elements and Artlist, these are the most visited pages where you can get licenses for Christmas songs.
- Audiojungle. This is one of the services provided by Envato where you can purchase licenses for individual Christmas songs. Its price ranges from $26 to $29 and it meets the quality you need for your production.
- Premium Beat. Very similar to the previous one, but this time it belongs to another giant like Shutterstock. They also provide individual licenses for Christmas songs, and their price per song is between $49 and $199 depending on your needs.
- Pond5. On this platform, you will not only find Christmas music that you can classify by duration, price, and other factors. You will also have at your disposal other creative elements such as stock videos, sound effects, images, 3D models… and much more!
- MelodyLoops. More songs for year-end and holiday periods free of charge. The prices in this portal are lower than the previous ones, and you will not notice practically any difference regarding the musical quality.
- BeatSuite. The prices handled on this platform are considerably higher than those of previous platforms. Its standard license is $80, however, it can be a good place to find cheerful Christmas and children’s music.
- AudioMicro. Another very attractive alternative with instrumental Christmas music free of copyright. Licenses start at $50 (as in Premium Beat), but you’ll have a wide range of music tracks at your disposal.
- AudioSparx. This platform brings together the best of subscription services and the best of individual licenses. With AudioSparx, you’ll have both possibilities to get the Christmas music you’re looking for.
- SoundSnap. Like the previous one, it offers you an annual subscription or plans with limited downloads. Of course, there are almost 400 Christmas songs that you will have in your hands to choose those downloads, all of them in .wav and mp3 format.
- FesliyanStudios. It’s not one of the best on this list, but they also have some Christmas songs that might be interesting for your projects. You can take a look at them and see if you are up to it.
- Royalty Free Music Clips: A very basic website, with a very simple and intuitive design (although a bit old-fashioned). But if you leave the design aside and focus on the Christmas music, you will find more than 500 tracks in .wav format with very different prices.
How many choices, right?
Now you can say loud and clear that you have an extensive list to choose from for your Christmas music.
However, all these options have one thing in common: They are not free.
And maybe you’re asking yourself the following question:
Where to Download Free Non-Copyrighted Christmas Music?
In that case, it is very possible that what you are working on is not commercial.
That is to say, that it is not a professional project that is going to be monetized.
Otherwise, you won’t be able to use this type of music, as we explained at the beginning of the article.
If you have this clear and you want free Christmas music, here we provide you with a list of websites where you can get it.
- Feels Like Christmas. Christmas music by independent artists. To download an mp3, click on the “download” button of each song and right-click “Save as…”.
- Dl-Sounds. You will be able to find, approximately, 10 Christmas songs available for immediate free download. They are not many but, but they are free, right?
- Christmas Gifts. More than 40 free Christmas songs, some under Creative Commons Attribution licenses (we must mention the artist in our video or project).
- FreeXmasMp3. 24 free Christmas songs for free download, although they are updated from time to time, so you might find even more.
- Songs of Praise. Approximately 50 typical and not so typical Christmas songs To save them, right-click on each song and then right-click “Save as…”.
- AM Classical. It is a portal with a slightly obsolete design, but we are given 18 classic Christmas songs. Not bad, right?
- MFiles. You can see that this is a time of gifts, and on this platform it is very clear. Why? Because they give you up to 60 songs for your Christmas videos.
- Incompetech. 17 more songs for the collection! However, keep in mind that it is necessary to attribute to its author, that is to say, you will have to comment in your project that the music is his.
- Youtube Audio Library. If you haven’t found what you were looking for before, look in the library of Youtube itself, they have some very interesting musical pieces, and that not many people know.
- Music Screen. This is a website with many licenses for all types of music, including Christmas music. It is worth taking a look at.
- Motion Array. It is known within the community of content creators as one of the best alternatives to the top platforms. And on top of that, you can find some free music tracks for your Christmas videos. What else can you ask for?
[Bonus] Free Public Domain Christmas Songs
In addition to the websites we have just shown you, there is a list of Christmas songs in the public domain that you can download for free.
Don’t know what the public domain is? In that case, take a look at our article on background music in the public domain where you will find out what it is.
However, in a nutshell, public domain music tracks are those ones that are no longer protected by copyright.
In the following drop-down menu you will find the titles of the public domain Christmas songs with their respective years of production: