Buy music for homemade videos
Holding a degree in Business Administration and Programming, Pablo established Legis Music in 2016. With a focus on the royalty-free music industry, he has contributed extensively to the field, authoring over 150 articles on various aspects of music licensing. His efforts have been instrumental in developing one of the most straightforward and liberal music licensing frameworks available today.
Everyone nowadays uses the camera from their smartphone, GoPro or even the camera of a Drone to capture special moments that we spend with our family, friends and loved ones.
Later on, we edit the video, adding effects and music and uploading to social platforms like Youtube, Facebook or Instagram and be able to share it with other people.
If we use background music on it -any famous song- and we do not own the copyrights, we can face some issues:
- Our video will be muted or blocked. - The copyrights owner can claim economic compensation.
Youtube, for example, has an algorithm called Content ID that compares every one of the videos that are uploaded to their platform and detect if the songs are under copyrights or not.
Therefore, it’s essential to use Royalty-Free music for the composition of your videos.
Since it’s the only way by which we can avoid the violation of copyrights and subsequent fines, blockings or complaints from the artist or label.
Where can we find royalty-free music to edit our videos?
There are several online marketplaces that offer non-copyrighted individual songs, both free and paid and there are also royalty-free music subscription services.
The main difference is that if we choose the free ones we will have to mention the artist in our video or project and if we purchase a license then not.
Usually, licensed songs also tend to have a higher quality.
While we will name later other platforms on which to get this music, we would first like to highlight a new feature we have introduced in Legis Music:
Launch of three exclusive plans in 2023
We consider it vitally important that our customers can access royalty-free music easily and cheaply.
Therefore, these plans have been designed so that you only have to pay once to get them, allowing you to enjoy unlimited songs for life and have the peace of mind of not having to worry about copyright claims in the future.
Thus, you can choose the plan that best suits your needs:
- Starter Plan. In this case, it is the most recommended for using the songs for personal and home videos. It also allows you to use the music in all social networks and on any web page, but not on Youtube.
- Personal Plan. If you are looking to get numerous songs to use in your personal projects, this is the license for you. The Personal Plan offers unlimited music downloads, which can be used in social networks and streaming platforms, YouTube, apps, video games and audio books; as well as podcasts, virtual classes and online ads. Its price is $49 in a single payment and for life -if you use it for 3 years, it will be like paying $1/month-.
- Business Plan. This plan is specially designed for freelancers, companies and those who work for clients. It is the most open license of all, as any use case is covered and it also offers unlimited music (the only thing that is not allowed is to resell the songs). Its price is a one-time payment of $99 for life -if you use it for 2 years, it will be like paying $4/month.
As you can see, if there is one thing that makes our licenses stand out, it is the opportunity to enjoy them forever and paying only once.
Below is a table with the three plans and their respective prices.
|Starter Plan||Personal Plan||Business Plan|
|Price||$19 for life||$49 for life||99€ for life|
Other well-known portals include:
Epidemic Sound: This site is perfect for you if you publish your videos on Youtube or other social networks. We have the option of paying a personal monthly subscription ($12/month) to access its entire musical catalog and have unlimited downloads.
Artlist: Another webpage from which we can download tons of music with a subscription. Subscribers can get monthly subscriptions and also add the Personal Plan tailored for Social creator for $9.99.
Audiojungle: Do a quick search inside, choose your license (usually the “Standard” one will fit your project) purchase the song and it will be ready to use. Prices go from $1 for sound effects to $29 to full songs.
Premium Beat: This platform offers individual licenses for each song or sound effect, following the same pattern as Audiojungle. Your licenses range from $49 for your standard license to $199 for your premium license.
Shutterstock Music: Shutterstock Music is a simple and intuitive platform to obtain copyright-free music licenses. You will have access to a library with more than 60,000 musical tracks that you can filter by genre, tempo, and ambient.
Incompetech: Another website from which can download stock music. We will have to mention the artist in exchange for using their songs.
As you can see, on the Internet is possible to find a lot of Royalty-Free music.
To choose the best option, the best thing is to look at the characteristics below:
- Music Library: How many songs and sound effects have? Is the average quality good? Are there any new songs every week? - Licenses: Are the licenses clear and easy to find? How many people can I reach with a standard license? - Price: The licenses have an affordable price?
Background music for travel videos
As you can see, Royalty-Free music can fit really well with a homemade travel video, a typical one before a nice holiday.
This one below uses the song A Beautiful Life from author Tim McMorris:
Thanks to marketplaces such as those we have seen have we have seen prices for background music fall drastically in the last few years.
We can now browse through them listening to small pieces of songs until we find one that suits what we need, download it to test it in our video with the watermark and, if it convinces us, later acquire the license paying only a few dollars.
Something that would have cost us a few weeks ago, we can do it now in less than half an hour!
Why you can trust Legis Music
We offer comprehensive and expertly information about music licensing since 2016.
The website regularly updates its content to reflect the latest changes in music law, ensuring accurate information.
Our dedication to clarity and accuracy in explaining music rights and licensing issues builds trust among musicians, producers, and clients.