Buy music for commercial use
Holding a degree in Business Administration and Programming, Pablo established Legis Music in 2016. With a focus on the royalty-free music industry, he has contributed extensively to the field, authoring over 150 articles on various aspects of music licensing. His efforts have been instrumental in developing one of the most straightforward and liberal music licensing frameworks available today.
When using background music, it all depends on what we define as “commercial use“.
Do you need songs to use in a video, advertisement or company presentation? Or to use it in an app, web or video game that you created? Or to use in your current business as background music?
Here there’s a list of the best online music providers:
|LEGIS MUSIC||One-time payment||From $19/lifetime|
|EPIDEMIC SOUND||Monthly subscription for YouTube||From 9,00€/month|
|AUDIOJUNGLE||Individual Licenses||From 1€ per song|
|PREMIUM BEAT||Individual Licenses||From 49€ per song or 64,95€ each month|
|SOUNDTRACK YOUR BRAND||Background music for companies||29€/month|
Let’s see each one!
1. I want to buy royalty-free music or jingles to use in commercial projects or Youtube
If you want to use these songs to add them as music for a commercial, a YouTube video or another project of your own creation, there are two very different scenarios depending on your needs:
- I have to use famous or well-known songs, it can’t be otherwise. 2. I don’t care if the songs are too well known, I just want to find the ones that best suit my project.
In the first scenario (1), is necessary to have the explicit permission of the people who wrote the music -composers, lyricists, and publishers- and people who represented and recorded it -artists and record labels-.
This means you may have to contact more than one organization just to get permission to use the music.
You also will have to pay a certain amount of money for licensing them, which is usually a high number.
In the second scenario (2), things are much simpler, since there are many specialized Internet marketplaces where the licensing rights are sold or websites with free songs under the so-called ‘Creative Commons’ licenses.
You will find different licensing prices depending on the scope of the project in which you’re working.
It will not be the same to buy a song and use it as background music for a YouTube video or to use it as the soundtrack of a big movie.
It’s important to remember that you cannot simply use the songs from a CD or download them from iTunes, Spotify or Google Play and then use them. You’re risking your project to be sued by some record label or automatically blocked on websites like YouTube or Facebook.
We risk our project being denounced by a record company or automatically blocked on platforms such as YouTube or Facebook.
Buying the song entitles you to use it for your own use and enjoyment, never to add it to another commercial project. But purchasing the license does.
Below we rank the best online portals for royalty-free music, saving you money and time without sacrificing quality:
At Legis Music we have decided to launch three exclusive plans this 2023 so that our customers can access royalty free music easily and cheaply.
What these plans have in common is that you only have to pay once to get them, allowing you to enjoy the songs unlimited for life and have the peace of mind of not having to worry about copyright claims in the future.
This way, you can choose the plan that best suits your needs:
- Starter Plan. This licence is recommended for those who are looking for music to use in personal projects. It also allows you to use the music in all social networks and on any website. The only condition is to credit legismusic.com in every publication. 2. Personal Plan. If you are looking to get numerous songs to use in your personal projects, this is the license for you. The Personal Plan offers unlimited music downloads and can be used on social media and streaming platforms, YouTube, apps, video games and audiobooks, as well as podcasts, virtual classes and online advertisements. The price is $49 in a single payment and for life -if you use it for 3 years, it will be like paying 1€/month-. 3. Business Plan. This plan is specially designed for freelancers, companies and those who work for clients. It is the most open licence of all, as any use case is covered and it also offers unlimited music (the only thing that is not allowed is to resell the songs). It is priced as a one-off payment of $99 for life – if you use it for 2 years, it will be like paying $4/month.
As you can see, if there is one thing that makes our licences stand out, it is the opportunity to enjoy them forever for a one-time fee.
It has a library of more than 100,000 songs and sound efectts copyright-free.
Epidemic Sound is the online music service that the most famous YouTubers and big channels use. It costs €9/month for personal channels and €19/month for company channels or freelancers; called the ‘Commercial Plan’.
Thanks to this you will be able to monetise your videos without any problems and you will never receive a copyright notice from Youtube again.
Some of the top features are:
- Easy sign-up and use of the service. All new users get a 30-day free trial. - One of the cheapest monthly fees. - Never worry about copyright claims. - Monetize your video content and whitelist all platforms: YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Podcasts and Twitch. - Find an extensive 100% royalty-free catalog of top-quality music and SFX - Download tracks in stems: you can sound design and edit any track the way you like it, and make your content stand out. - Pay a monthly fee and cancel any time (no annual commitment).
Currently, AudioJungle is one of the favorite marketplaces for artists when it comes to the time to creating and polishing many of his professional works.
In our opinion, AudioJungle offers songs and sound effects with the highest quality of the entire Internet.
You can get a standard licence or an extended licence depending on your needs.
You can also buy an individual song or sound effect for as little as $1.
You can take a look at the different licenses here.
The difference with other portals is the rigorous process of reviewing the new songs that are added daily.
In addition, this portal has the best search engine, through which we can find the necessary tracks by simply typing a keyword or keyword that interests us, to show us in the results several dozen songs or sound effects that match what we are looking for.
2. I want to use background streaming music to play in my stores
In case you need to use background music for your physical business or shop and do not want to pay the royalties of the so-called PROs (Music Management Organisations), it is best to find out how to do it by reading our article: background music for business.
In short, the best option is not to play music directly from the radio or the Internet, but rather royalty-free music such as that offered by the service called Soundtrack Your Brand.
This Swedish platform offers more than 300 music stations of different genres, which are updated daily with more than 10,000 songs.
All their music tracks are chosen and organized in a way that has been scientifically proven to increase sales and improve customer experience.
Also, they offer an extensive list of features that will make Soundtrack Your Brand the perfect partner when it comes to adding the best background music to your business.
Among its benefits are the following:
- Total control of your business’ music - Music reproduction in as many locations as you want - Over 300 soundtracks with songs selected by experts - Possibility to create new soundtracks by mixing several stations - Flexibility to schedule and play soundtracks on different days and times - Sync your Spotify account to import your playlists - Remote control from any device (Smartphone, tablet or PC/laptop) - Available for various operating systems, including iOS, Android and Windows - Offline mode to keep the music going even if you don’t have Internet access
The monthly cost for the United States and Canada is $35 per month and location but, in addition, they offer their new users 14 days totally free of charge so that they can try out the platform without any commitment.
However, you should know that, although Soundtrack Your Brand usually offers all the necessary rights to the music tracks, in some continents, and specifically in some countries -including UK and Australia-, it is necessary to acquire the public communication license through the record labels, music publishers, and/or local collection societies in order to use Soundtrack Your Brand legally.
When it comes to buying and using songs for any commercial use, today we can find a multitude of online options that greatly facilitate this process.
Monthly subscription services such as Epidemic Sound are ideal if you want to use that music in any video on the Internet. As well as Legis Music licenses, which allow unlimited lifetime access to music with a single payment.
On the other hand, AudioJungle offers music for radio ads, individual songs to be used in television or products.
And, if what you need is background music for your store, Soundtrack Your Brand is then the perfect choice.
Why you can trust Legis Music
We offer comprehensive and expertly information about music licensing since 2016.
The website regularly updates its content to reflect the latest changes in music law, ensuring accurate information.
Our dedication to clarity and accuracy in explaining music rights and licensing issues builds trust among musicians, producers, and clients.